That is why buy travel insurance is highly recommended. But how many of us really know how to go about buying travel insurance is a good fit for our needs? Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
Buy Travel Insurance at the Last MinuteDo you often buy your travel insurance while waiting to get on the plane or while leaving for the airport?
Indeed, better late than never. However, you should be aware that some of the benefits of travel insurance are valid if you purchase travel insurance ahead of your trip. As an example:
- Flight cancellation due to natural disasters such as hurricanes or tsunamis, or epidemic at your destination (which is not all that much these days).
- Travel delays or there are serious disruptions due to illness or injury, or a strike by the staff of the airline or the airport closed due to weather conditions. The mountain erupted for example.
- Your travel agent becomes insolvent and is no longer able to meet the travel plans that you have paid for.
Buying Travel Insurance Is Most ConvenientWhat is your approach to travel insurance is just another item on your list? Do you just rely on coverage provided by your credit card? Or check out the travel insurance button somewhere between select types and Dining chairs at your choice when purchasing tickets online?
It is important to read the details of the coverage that is provided to see if they are sufficient to your needs or to cover the risk of the purpose of your travel abroad. Some of which may not include medical coverage while abroad or give too low a cap for claims such as loss of personal belongings (i.e. cash, mobile phones, tablets, laptops, or luxury watches).
Don't Read Your Travel Insurance PolicyNot all travel insurance is created equal. In fact, policy documents and coverage makes for more interesting reading.
Do read the policy document what is included and not included, the boundaries of the claim and what to do to make the claim.
Often, this policy where you would like the following terms is defined:
- Have to file a police report while abroad for any loss of cash, travel documents or personal belongings
- What types of medical expenses covered, the documents to get if looking for treatment abroad; and for how many days after your return to the country of origin you may seek medical care
- Emergency telephone calls whether while abroad is covered
Forget to cater to the full length of your travelIf you buy travel insurance only for the period you're actually abroad? It would be advisable to cover the full period of your trip, including flights to and from the destination of your vacation. So in terms of delays, baggage loss or damage, or overbooking of flights, you will be able to make a claim.
Think already included one coverageIf your vacation includes elements of adventure such as skydiving or scuba diving, check to make sure that you consider travel insurance covering such activities. Or check to make sure that the adventure activities are not excluded from the claim.
If your vacation involve golf, golf equipment and to cover the hole-in-one should be useful. If you are going to climb the highest mountains, might be a good idea to get travel insurance with adequate emergency medical evacuation. And bring along with your phone number.
We hope that you will avoid these common mistakes when it comes to buying travel insurance and that you have the time of your life on Your holidays. Let us help you find a travel insurance plan that is most cost effective for your next trip. If you travel a lot, it would be best to consider an annual plan to make sure you are well covered all the time. source:moneysmart.sg